Friday, April 17, 2009

election fever

And so…we come to the end of another round of feverish election campaigns…mudslinging…promises(never to be kept)…

Heroism…lies…plastic smiles…and a sudden face to face (0nce in 5 years) with a host of political faces.

 

Why do we allow this every time….

Why do we sit back and accept candidates like these who have no scruples…

Who have least qualifications to administrate our country…

 

Why do we go each time to the ballot and select one idiot over the others?

This time round I found a whole new way to tell the country that I refuse to vote for any of the candidates

Thrust upon us by political parties.

 

I walked into the election booth and asked for the form which allowed me to cast my vote for “none of the candidates”.

The party agents at the booth jumped up shouting…threatening…making rude eye contact.

It was a first time ever that they had heard of such a thing.

The election officer also said that I was one of he rare few and the first in this area to request for such a service.

 

And he gave me three government sealed papers to sign and fingerprint as my vote “ for none”.

Half the battle won.

I refuse to accept any of these stupid, plastic smiling, wolf in sheeps clothes politicians.

 

Remember…don’t waste your vote…its valuable.

Make your opinion heard.

 

Sameer

3 comments:

  1. hey sam...
    read ur blog...at first i thought...ok i know this stuff...all of us want to change the plight of this country and all of us talk about it so what new is sam doing...then i read till the end and i would say great...u took a step in that direction...u did something...one bhartiye can also change our bharat...will do the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that nobody deserved my precious vote but in the end voted not wanting to waste one

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too...so i did the easy thing and didnt vote at all...but what you said...that is a truly amazing idea!!seriously...there truly really is a paper where u can vote for none?
    now why don't they give us citizens some idea of that fact?? i salute you!!

    ReplyDelete