Friday, April 24, 2009

a new kind of health insurance


Imagine this...
An insurance card that lets you avail all medical services for FREE!.
Hmmmm.

I am imaginging it like this.
I select ICICI Lombard health insurance for myself and my family for Rs.2 lacs.
The premium is Rs.5000/-

Now, I can select the services insurance.
An additional Rs.500/-for Free medicines 
An additional Rs.300/- for Free Ambulance service
An additional Rs.320/- for Free Diagnostic tests

and so on...the list goes on.

Why is it that none of the insurance companies offers servicee insurance.
If they can take up health insurance, this is also possible.

My imagination takes on colour when I see the State Health department announcing 
This Service Insurance policy and making it compulsory for all residents of Kerala.

They can subsidise rates and ensure that all people have healthcare insurance and health care service insurance maybe at a fraction of the cost that private insurance agencies take from us.

When that happens I will believe that the Health Department is concerned about the people.

Sameer

No comments:

Post a Comment